A carers week

I'm writing this because twice this week someone has made sarcastic comments that I'm behind on household chores.  So far in the last seven days I've done the following.


25 loads of laundry

Fixed the washing machine twice

Cleaned up from the flood of the washing machine

Stripped and remade the beds.


21 home made meals from scratch

21 lots of dishes


3x home deliveries and one trip to store for what wasn't available on home delivery but was needed urgently {veg is delivered separately from the market, groceries come every sunday}


1x audiology apt


1 x power cut


21x hoovering {due to eating and sitting issues this is done after every meal}


Banking


Transplanted Peonies


7x showers for personal care


49 doses and sorting of Meds


double checked and registered for priority wtih western power distribution


sorted and resorted warm home discount fund


arranged a carers review


Fixed the wheelchair


1x shower for myself


Used 1hr to clean my home from top to bottom


Sourced, bought and installed black out blinds


Sorted and posted birthday cards


Sorted Recycling


Put out the appropriate bins for collection


Brought in the appropriate bins


Ensured that caree recieved attention, conversation, socialisation and maintained their interests


Deep cleaned bathroom


Identified, treated and managed skin infections


Identified and managed and treated {to prevent} a deterioration in legs and an opoprtunity for celluitis


Checked the heating and ensured safety after air source fan appeared to have a fault


Then finally sat down to write this and nurse a headache.  My day is far from over and NO I haven't yet washed the floors but quite honestly I have 3 hours to make up from the audiology apt and if you can do better get off your backside, stop socialising with friends and do it for me so that maybe I can stop crying and do something for myself you know like shower more than once a week or read a book, speak to a friend all those things your taking for granted.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A conclusion

Remembrance

Self Care